Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I have natural African American hair that is really kinky/curly and I need a detangler. Any suggesti

I have grown out my perm because I no longer want to continue to put the chemicals in it to keep it straight. Well, That process was actually a piece of cake of me, but now that its getting longer, I am having an increasingly difficult time combing it after I shampoo and condition it. It easily gets tangled and matted. I am using Olive Oil Organic Root Stimulator Conditioner, which seems to work wonders, but it's still getting tangled. Does anyone know of a great detangler or leave in conditioner that might help me?



I have natural African American hair that is really kinky/curly and I need a detangler. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what hairstyle you are wearing your hair in, but when you get ready to wash, part your hair into four large sections and braid the sections. Some people use rubberbands, but I prefer braids. I've put a few links below so you can see it explained and demonstrated.



What you don't want to do is wash a mass of natural hair in one big swoop like you'd do with relaxed hair. With relaxed hair, you can wash the hair plastered down to the scalp but on natural hair, the friction along with the improper shampoo and conditioner will leave your hair in a tangled mess. Parting it and controlling it will win half the battle.



The next issue is using quality products that will reduce the friction and provide slippage.



Wash your hair while it is sectioned. Use your fingers to scrub your scalp, allow the soap to run through your hair and press the soap and water through the braid.



One of the best detangling shampoos on the market is Avlon's Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. I was introduced to this product by a hairdresser. It detangles your hair immediately. In fact, you have to be careful that you use a quality conditioner as it may undo what the shampoo does as it really makes your hair smooth.



I follow with Qhemet Biologics Detangler and Conditioner. It's a leave in. It really softens your hair and smooths it out.



That process will keep your hair tangle free. They also have a great moisturizer that you can follow with called Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream.



I have very thick, long and coarse 4B hair, and this process keeps me sane and untangled. My natural hair is shoulder length, unstretched.



There is also a detangling comb that quite a few people with natural hair use called a KCutter. I've provided a link for that item below.



I have natural African American hair that is really kinky/curly and I need a detangler. Any suggestions?

I'm not too sure if this will work for you, but I use Johnson's No More Tangles spray detangler. It works wonders for me. I use if my hair is dry as well when I can't seem to comb or brush through it. I'm very tender headed might I add. I think you should give it a try... it's usually in the baby section of most drug stores, or walmart/cvs/duane reade etc.



Another Tip: Always detangle your hair from the tips working up to the root. It causes less breakage and is pain free. :)



It takes longer but patience will help your hair look wonderful!



Good Luck and Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment