Thursday, April 26, 2012

I've had tingling all over my body, not just the hands and feet, for about 8 months now.?

I can tell you the things it is not, and I was wondering if anyone else knows what it could be. First of all, I am a 36 year old female. There are no new medications that would be causing it. I do have hypothyroidism, but it has been under control for years with medication (synthroid). I've had all the standard CBC blood tests, plus ones that show deficiencies in vitamins. My neurologist does not believe it is neurological, because there are no neurological deficits or other symptoms. It can't be spinal, because the tingling occurs everywhere...my hands, feet, legs, face, scalp, absolutely everywhere. It doesn't seem to coincide with any certain time of the month, some days or worse than others, but not at any certain time. The exact feeling is sometimes tingly where you have to kind of "scratch" at it to make the tingling stop. It kind of feels creepy-crawly at times. Or like if somebody held a piece of hair over your face and kind of tickled it with the hair. Thank you!



I've had tingling all over my body, not just the hands and feet, for about 8 months now.?

I see the tingling symptom in general as a sign that the body is working on the neuromuscular connections, working to enhance or repair them. So the tingling itself is not bad, but only a sign of what is being done under the surface. Enhancing and/or repairing is not something you want to stop... Yet you need to know the cause, to find out what it is. Because this symptom is all over your body, then I see that your body is working hard to get more energy. If the reason is organic there might be some block on a main nerve somewhere in the spinal column. A chiropractor or acupuncturist might help.



There is the possibility that the nervous system is being enhanced above the norm, and this can happen with rising levels of awareness. If you have been working along the lines of transpersonal growth, like doing meditation or journaling or doing yoga, taichi, etc., then this might be the cause.



An increasing number of people today are experiencing pins %26amp; needles tingling with the sometimes itchy and insect crawling sensation on the skin. Most of these people have a background in doing transpersonal work, and this growing phenomena is being popularized with the name: kundalini awakening.



Betsy



I've had tingling all over my body, not just the hands and feet, for about 8 months now.?

This really sounds like a symptom of Lyme Disease to me. Get your blood tested (sent to IGenex lab in CA, they are the most accurate). Lyme diagnosis is a clinical diagnosis and not based on pure lab results, (they support the clinical diagnosis). Go to www.lymediseaseassociation.org. Try to find a Lyme knowlidgable doctor too. It is curable, but since you've had symptoms for a while, antibiotic treatment will take a while too. Any other symptoms like joint pain or swelling, rashes of any kind, heart issues, GI issues, floaters in your vision, OCD, ADD or ADHD, chest pain, headaches, the list goes on and on. If you'd like to get in contact with me, I can get you a list of the symptoms (there are alot). Please get treated asap. I've had symptoms for 9 months + and i just started getting treated. At the LDA sight i mentioned earlier, you can find a good doctor around you using the search. This is not something to mess with. Please take care.



I've had tingling all over my body, not just the hands and feet, for about 8 months now.?

It could be Lyme disease, it could also be a panic attack. I have panic attacks at times and my breathing will be so fast but I don't' realize I am doing it and it causes tingling all over like what you are describing. Do you have a feeling that you are drifting away from your body? I wish I had more info for you! Maybe you need to see a Rheumatologist? Hope you feel better soon!!



I've had tingling all over my body, not just the hands and feet, for about 8 months now.?

I thought I was going crazy when I started feeling the exact same thing. I also additonally pain like a muscle pain and sevre headaches . I have gone to the neurologist too who doesn't think its anything neurological. However he did mention fibromylgia as one of the reasons. Please do let me know if you were able to make any headway with doctors and treatments. So far accupuncture has been my life saver. I am ok for a couple of days after the treatment and then its back to square one.



btw what deficiencies did your blood test show? Do your symptoms become better after intake of any specific vitamin? Are you vegetarian and are you anemic? Asking to see if there are similarities in our cases since I am vegetarian , kind of on the anemic side and have low bp time to time.



I've had tingling all over my body, not just the hands and feet, for about 8 months now.?

Has your Doctor done a spinal Tap to check for MS.I have it and have the same problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment