Thursday, April 26, 2012

Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

-i don't eat red meat, mainly because of the smell and grease



-i don't eat ham or deli meats, because of the little white lines that go through it



-i don't eat chicken unless it is fried and extremely dry



-i don't eat sea food, because of the smell



-i don't eat mayonaise, because of the color



-i don't eat pizza, because of the sauce



-i don't eat eggs unless i take the nasty white things out



-i don't eat chocolate, because i think i will get fat



-i don't drink milk, because of the color



-i don't eat anything unless it is extra, extra hot



-i don't eat anything made out of dough, because it might not be cooked (bad experiences, yuk)



- and lastly (i could keep going, but yea) when i go out in the kitchen i always get gross thoughts and think that something nasty is going to be in my food, like a fingernail or a piece of hair, or a piece of paper or something,,, so i end up not eating



is this a disorder? does anybody else have it?? thank you



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

I don't know if I have it as bad as you, but I get like that.



I am a vegan, so that explains alot of the things I don't like, but I've been like this since I was a Little kid.



-I HATE milk(cows milk, i'm acutally fine with soy milk for some reason)... If it even touches me I have to wash the "spot"



I don't drink it or i'll throw up and i'm not lactose intolerant.



- I hate eggs, cause they are all jiggly and gross.



- I Don't eat the bottom of the banana cause of the little black stem thing.



- I don't eat any meat, cause it makes me gag (I'm talking about when I was little, before I was a Vegetarian)



- I have a problem with foods that are white. (again except soy milk I have now Idea why)



- NO foods on my plate can touch.



- I can't eat two things in the same bowl



- I have to wash everything I eat thoroughly.



- I don't eat crusts



- I have to water down everything I drink, or else it makes me sick.



- I don't like to touch my food when i'm eating it.



-When I used to eat pop tarts as a little kid I used to not eat the "crusts" I dont even think they have crusts but I didn't eat it.



- Certain things gross me out to make but not to eat, for example, onions, garlic, potatoes, I dont like to look at them when I cut them, but I love them in my food.



- Some fruits gross me out when I get to the middle, like peaches and plums.



There are alot of other things too, but I would go on forever.



I don't know if it is a disorder, but it really dosn't interfere with my life, I just consider myself picky. Just letting you know that you aren't the only one.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

i only eat brown, black, white and yellow coloured food.. i dont like the thought of other coloured stuff jumbled up in my stomach.. but im still healthy its been like this since young...its a choice in life you make. Report It



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

you have a problem and need help



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

u r definitly a picky one.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

Sounds like you're just picky. I have one like that, my 15 yr old son. He has a specific reason for every food he won't eat and I talked to his pedi about it a long time ago and he said it was just being overly picky. As long as you're getting proper nutrition then I wouldn't worry about it.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

VERY picky eater.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

Yeah, you have a problem, but I do understand how you feel though. Try to look at the food as a friend, the kitchen (or food places), look at it as a happy place. They are not your enemy.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

I think there may be something wrong -with havinf an unrealistic fear of these foods. Be sure to be informed about what the true risks are.-and base it one this.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

u definitally hav an eeting problem. u should go c a doctor. cuz u say u THINK sumthing badd is going 2 happen. its not that ur a picky eeter. but then wat DO u eet??????



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

So what the heck DO you eat?



And yes, you are a very picky eater, and you would have starved to death at my house, because I don't cater to that.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

It usually begins in childhood, and is not technically classified as a mental disorder, though recent studies have determined that it shares a casual link with more serious disorders such as obsessive compulsive disorder.



Some people who are extremely picky eaters have benefited from therapy to help them overcome their food anxieties, which might be something for you to consider if it's impacting upon your ability to eat a well-balanced and nutritious diet..



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

In some areas, it could be perfectly normal disliking. In others, it sounds like a mild case of a disorder like OCD. I'm no professional, but I'm leaning towards OCD.



It might help to do mind exercises if it really gets in the way and maybe learning more about food hygiene will help too. Since, not knowing how your food is prepared might fuel your worry.



FYI, chocolate won't make you fat if you eat the right stuff. ^_^



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

I sympathize with you. I occasionally go through the same thing, [til I get really hungry]. It can consume your life, if you let it. My problem includes cleanliness as well. You didn't say how old you are but you might possibly outgrow worrying as much as you do. We're constantly preached to about the bad stuff in food. You have to start doing some research into the different food, from which you can get required nutrition. Then, maybe you'll be able to work around some of those worries. If all else fails, "Look around. If everything was so gross, no one would eat or touch anything ever again". I personally don't think there's anything wrong with being "picky". Just try to not drive your friends and family nuts, if they don't share your pickiness. Good luck.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

That sounds like it very well could be indicative of a disorder. I would guess either OCD, or an eating disorder (or some combination of both - they're often closely related anyway).



It sounds like you're probably not getting the variety of nutrients you need, and many not even be getting the total number of calories you need to maintain a healthy weight. It also sounds like it probably interferes significantly with other areas of your life (like eating out with friends?). Either of those would be enough to indicate the presence of some disorder, as the only diagnostic requirement for *something* is that there are some symptoms that significantly impair the person's physical health or social or occupational function. Exactly what you'd be diagnosed with would depend on what disorder your symptoms best fit, and what (if any) other symptoms you have, but really the exact diagnosis isn't that important anyway since treating a psychiatric disorder is generally highly individualized and based on the specific set of symptoms, rather than the essentially arbitrary collection of 'diagnostic' symptoms that best match the symptoms that individual is experiencing.



Am i just a picky eater or is something wrong?

It's true, if you think overly much about the food you're eating, anyone could really begin to wonder what's in it. Of course nobody wants a hair in their food or undercooked food. Practicing good kitchen hygiene should be enough to alleviate your fears. And beyond that, you've just got to say, "Oh what the heck, I'm just going to eat this." Remember, you're the boss, not the food. If you find you are thinking about it all the time though (like once an hour or more) you need to consult your doctor. It could be an obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment