Thursday, April 26, 2012

Band-Aids and HIV?

Have a question for you guys, hope you can help. I was walking around a strore, when I looked down and noticed that there was a band-aid attached to my pant leg. Iwas not wearing a band-aid, so I can only assume it came from the floor. I shook it off, and looked at it. I saw a little bit of blood in the cotton part. Later, not really thinking, I was moving boxes around at home and I bent down and my hair touched where that band-aid was earlier in the day. I kinda freaked out. If the blood in the band-aid was HIV or Hep. C positive, is there any chance I could get infected? I threw out the pants, they were cheap, but the fact that it might be in my hair kind of freaaks me out. Is it possible that the virsus, and for argument's sake let's assume the blood was positive, could live in my hair? if so, will a shower in hot water with regualr shampoo kill it and clean my hair, or do I need something more drastic? Should I cut off the piece of hair that touched my pantleg? Please help. Thanks



Band-Aids and HIV?

Safety pins, band aids, person sitting next 2 you, person walking past you, bumper with old blood... you have so many HIV and Hepaptitis scenarios that I am starting to have trouble keeping track of them! People, check out his questions... about one every 8 hours or so about blood exposure scenarios. He knows he can't get it, just having a little fun, but Bob, really, your scenarios are getting a bit silly and stale. *yawn*



Band-Aids and HIV?

The likely hood of you getting anything from that band-aid is so slim. The blood from it would have to come in contact with your bodily fluids. Just take a shower as normal and don't worry about it. I promise you will be OK. I work on an ambulance and I can't count how many times I have gotten others blood on me and I have not gotten anything yet from it.



Band-Aids and HIV?

You have no need to worry. The blood would have to have gotten into opens areas on your skin like sores, little cuts, chapped cracked skin(and that is assuming that the blood was fresh and fluid enough to leak onto you, highly unlikely). You didn't have to throw the pants away, washing would have been sufficient but it is always better to err on the side of caution. No need to cut your hair , just wash it. You are more likely to catch Hepatitis than HIV from a bloody band-aid,but either way the chances are slim to none, you are safe. Normal shampoo and warm or hot water are fine.



Band-Aids and HIV?

You are fine...the HIV virus dies once the air hits it. You can't get it through your hair or your pant leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment