Monday, May 7, 2012

Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

I'm still in high school, and last summer I was diagnosed with OCD. As a result of this, I pulled out a lot of my hair, mainly at the top of my head, right where I part it. It's growing in well now, but it's annoying having those little pieces being shorter than the others. Currently my hair is a little past my shoulders. Does anyone know a different hairstyle that I could use that would better cover it up and make those little pieces not as noticable?



Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

Pull your hair half up, or tease it a bit over it, and spray it to stay. Good luck. This problem is not uncommon and many times it can be treated with prescriptions for anxiety as well as therapy. You really aren't alone. I have seen it many times.



Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

try a pony tail or a french braid on the top.



Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

how bout a bun



Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

you are having weekly therapy cessions correct?



Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

Try parting your hair in a different spot. If you part your hair on the right,try parting it on the left or whatever.



Covering up a bald spot - Hairstyles?

If it's at the very front of your head, you might try a thick headband. They come in lots of different colors and prints, Forever 21(or Gadzooks) has tons of them--I think I paid like $2 and change for mine. You also might try parting your hair a different way. If you're like me, you part your hair in a way to avoid a cowlick, to re-train your hair, the tiniest dot of gel close to the root is helpful--don't overdo it or you'll get that Grease slicked back look. You might add a simple barette or decorative hairclip to side opposite of where you part to draw attention away from the balder area. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment