Monday, May 7, 2012

When I ask for a trim of just one centimeter, the hairstylist treats me like I'm CRAZZY!?

Hi, I have hair that is past my shoulders. I don't like to get it cut often because hair stylists always tend to cut WAaaaay to much off, even when I tell them nicely to "please just cut about a centimeter." I asked the last hairstylist to only give me a micro-trim to cut the split ends off. Well, she looked at me like I was CRAZZZZY and told me that my hair wouldn't look any different if she cut it that way. I just told her that I don't want my hair to look DIFFERENT...just healthy without split ends. But she continued to hold up strands of hair and trying to cut off strands about an inch long. What do I do? I feel like I can't get a hair trim without some woman hacking all my hair off. But each time the stylist cuts, she, at the very nicest, cuts about a centimeter off the bottom and then TEARS her razor into my layers, just wiping out 1- and 2-inch lengths from my shorter pieces..How can I communicate w/my stylist without being treated like a freak for wanting a micro-trim?



When I ask for a trim of just one centimeter, the hairstylist treats me like I'm CRAZZY!?

Easy, find another hairstylist. You pay her to cut your hair the way you want it.. not to be ridiculed.



PERIOD



When I ask for a trim of just one centimeter, the hairstylist treats me like I'm CRAZZY!?

you need about an inch to get the split ends away..a centemeter wont cut it. try not giving them a number, but instead tell them to only cut away any dead stuff. and if you dont want it layered just tell them that before they start.



When I ask for a trim of just one centimeter, the hairstylist treats me like I'm CRAZZY!?

you have to understand that if you want your hair "healthy" she/they are going to need to cut more then a centimeter off of your hair. i understand where you are coming from, you dont want your hair to get too short...but most stylest know what they are doing...and you just need to find someone that will actually listen to you!! shop around..ask your friends who cuts their hair! but you also need to understand that what you are asking is kind of crazy..youre going to need more then a centimeter



When I ask for a trim of just one centimeter, the hairstylist treats me like I'm CRAZZY!?

find another stylist, someone who can obey your orders



When I ask for a trim of just one centimeter, the hairstylist treats me like I'm CRAZZY!?

a centimeter is, well, its hard to cut only a centimeter. after they cut they wouldnt be able to straigten things out or make things even unless they were allowed to cut at least a little more hair. also, a centimeter wouldnt really do much since the purpose of a trim is to cut the brittle ends off.a trim is normally an inch neway. 1 to 1 1/2 inches should be fine i think, or 1/2 to 1 if u really want. also, ask them if they could keep ur hairstyle the same, since it sounds like u like it the way it is, so that everything is in proportion while still trimming it.



if u still want to cut only a centimeter (which in my opinion is a little unreasonable and difficult)tell them that you dont want ur hair to look different and that ull only pay 1/2 if they cut ne more than 1/2 an inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment