Monday, May 7, 2012

I have roots!?

I had my hair highlighted at a salon, it was her idea! When she took the foils off I cried because it was the opposite of natural, think champagne on dark brown with no imbetween. I got in the shower and it was falling out, the pieces that came out had one inch brown hair then yellow blonde, then back to brown ending with blonde. I went back and complained and she said that it had to be that way because the stylist can only get so close to the scalp with the foil- did I get scammed? What should I do now? It's been one week and the roots are noticeably. I have no idea how hair works, just know I am not satisfied in anyway, and don't have another hundred to spend to fix her errors. Any advice?



I have roots!?

As a stylist yes. With highlights, if there sliced (chunky) you can get right to the scalp. If there weaved (which would be thinner hilights) you cant get as close but close enough to where you see no roots, usually about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It is true that you can only get so close but, an inch? Come on, you can get way closer than that. Definately go back and demand a refund. Especially if your hair is falling out and the hi-lites are not an even color. An uneven color is her fault, she needed to put a toner on. Almost every time you hi-lite the ends will be a bit darker, so a toner takes care of that and takes care of any unwanted yellow. If they are a private owned salon ask to talk to the owner. If its a chain than get the supervisors # for that salon.



I have roots!?

Yes, u did get scammed. my mom gets her hair colored and her hair never turns out like that. i suggest u go and get some root fixer from a local grocery store. but i personally dont get my hair colored so i have never used it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment