Tuesday, May 8, 2012

How do you draw things, generally?

Whenever I see something I want to draw, say a face, I draw the shape of the face first, then the hair, then the rest of the details. I look at it as a whole and then start by the biggest pieces. But my drawings always look like a piece of crap so I think I'm doing something wrong. Unless I just can't draw.



Cheers!



Ashley



How do you draw things, generally?

Drawing well is a combination of many things. For a face spcifically Starting with gesture and basic shapes are your best bet. Keep in mind the shape of the skull, Keep a mirror handy and actually feel your own face. When looking at a person you can see the eye sockets, the cheek bones, jaw bone. Keeping these shapes accurate is important. Knowing the facial muscles and fat-shapes also helps.



Think of an eye as a sphere, When drawing eye-lids, think of them as lines running over that sphere. The mouth is a line running over the cylinder of your teeth.



Always keep your basic forms in mind, sphere, egg, cone, cube, spool. These are your very best friend, Every line on the face can be thought of as running over these forms.



Many beginning artists just think too flat, Also, don't be afraid to measure things, the face is full of awesome proportional commonalities. Your face is 5 eyes wide, the space between your eyes is 1 eye wide, your nose is about 1 eye wide (from outside of nostrils) your mouth is about as wide as your pupils. ect ect... Find some resources on these proportions and learn them. Once you know them it's just a matter of customizing the shapes of the features.



Drawing takes time and study, but is very rewarding, just keep at it and you will improve



How do you draw things, generally?

Sketch a faint picture of the whole thing, instead of taking one part at a time.



For example for the face, an oval then little lines or ovals for where the eyes would be and line of where the end of the nose would be etc.Then make each bit more detailed.



I'm not very good at explaining so here's a picture of what I mean: (a manga version) http://www.mangarevolution.com/_jpg/tuto...



If you're still stuck mail me =) I'll try to help some more



How do you draw things, generally?

Drawing is somewhat like a science there are measurements that are involved in everything, you just need to transfer those ideas to paper. The eye area usually in the center of the face, farhead area is almost as big as the nose and chin area on a face, and the eyes are smaller than you think, the ears fall just below the where the eyes end and nose begins. and the jaw, chin line is not a point.



You can measure things with your pencil or fingers then use those measurements in your drawing. Also think about what is behind the face it is not a flat surpass it is made up for muscles and bones, that make up the structure of the face



If you want to do something simple look at the way cartoons



are draw on the faces.



How do you draw things, generally?

One thing I do is start with a base, or body. Then, I add a head (or heads, depending on what I'm drawing). After that, I usually add legs followed by arms. What I forgot to mention is that you should draw lightly to erase any errors (Sorry I didn't mention it sooner, it slipped my mind.) Next, try to draw arms, which should be in sync with the legs. You don't want to draw something with splayed legs and arms at their sides, unless that's your style. Try to draw clothes, which is usually where I fail miserably when it comes to drawing anime. Lastly, add hair and facial features, as well as small details such as scars, dimples, or fingernails.



Good luck! ^_^



How do you draw things, generally?

Well first i look at the person's face really good, i really don't work in sections. I work all over. I sketch it out and see what i see, but keep on glancing at whoever you are drawing. I first sketch it with a pencil and then work with charcoal for the shadows and dark lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment