Friday, March 30, 2012

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

Let's serve up the problem first:



I have very minor dandruff; I don't get snowflake sized dandruff flakes floating around in my hair. However, when I run my fingers through my hair, I can feel that my scalp has a rather rough texture. Occasionally, I come across tiny, crusty bumps on my scalp that when removed by scratching it off (I know it sounds gross but bear with me) resemble yellowish, clearish, whitish, translucent plugs. If I periodically scratch off the tiny crusty blip, it becomes a sort-of sore scab that when picked off leaves blood. When I visually examined my scalp up close with a mirror, I saw that my scalp has an irregularly rough texture with what seems like little pieces of dandruff on the verge of falling off.



I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what is wrong with my scalp! It's very frustrating to find a shampoo that is right for me. Answerers, PLEASE give SERIOUS consideration to your response.



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

http://www.coolnurse.com/dandruff.htm



I hope the information in the above mentioned web site might be useful.



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

There a lot of good medicated shampoos out there, ask a pharmacist for a recommendation.. they always like to help. Personally I would see a doctor....



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

When I was younger I had this problem. DON'T SCRATCH IT! Don't scratch any of it off at all and wash your hair frequently. As long as you don't scratch it, it will go away in time.



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

It sounds a lot like psorias (sp?)



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

It sounds like you have classic psoriasis. There are some good treatments available though no complete cure. See a doctor and ask for Dovonex HC. It will probably have your scalp clear in a couple of weeks and occasional use thereafter keeps it at bay too.



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

You definitely don't have dry scalp. I recommend going to a dermatologist because definite diagnosis over the internet is impossible.



From what you describe it sounds like you have an oily scalp actually. Use a shampoo for oily hair and if you do use a conditioner only put it on the very ends. It sounds like what you have on your scalp are whiteheads and blackheads caused by excess oil and a build up of hair product, but again, I am not a dematologis and I haven't seen your scalp.



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

1) Stop using shampoos and other hair products that contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. They are really harsh and will aggravate the scalp. Many people have a massive allergy to them and develop psoriasis-type patches of skin on their head as a side-effect. VERY IMPORTANT!



2) Stop brushing/combing your hair so hard. Those tiny little spots on your head could be where a comb/brush spike has pieced and aggravated the delicate skin on your scalp (I get those sometimes if I comb conditioner through too hard whilst my head and hair are damp). The skin then dries over, goes hard and turns into a scab.



3) Eat more nuts and make sure you're eating enough fruit and veg to make sure you don't have a vitamin deficiency that's causing the problem to continue.



4) Give yourself a regular scalp massage whilst your hair is dry- small circles around your head and then shampoo and condition afterwards.



Finally, if you're in a warm-ish country ALWAYS wear a hat in the sun.



And if none of this works, see your doctor!



SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!!! Concerning the scalp?

well we use a spray bottle with water in it and add a little bit of Listerine in it. when you wash your hair and it is wet. spray a little on your scalp and work in do this about twice a week and it will kill all the bacteria causing it. I work in a beauty shop and we till everyone to do this. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment