Saturday, April 14, 2012

Poem 36 - 24-10-06?

Walking through my life



I see lots of bits



And pieces



The teddy I rescued from the bin



And refused to give up



The garden shed where



I got my first splinter



My little pony



Whose hair my Daddy would plait for me



My little kitten



Who we buried under the big oak tree



The convent I'd pass



On my way to school



The photocopied pages of poetry



That nudged me in the right direction



My set of knives



From chef class



The restaurant we'd go to



After our shopping spree



The club that smelled like pee



But we loved it



The Scrabble board



That brought us together every Sunday



Now I stop



For the bits and pieces have stopped



The road before me



Stretches out



Unmapped



Taking in what's behind me



I go forth



For I am not finished



Poem 36 - 24-10-06?

Very, VERY good !



This is honestly the first nice poem I read on Yahoo! Q/A and I heartily congratulate you. Don't change anything to it, and keep going !



You're an artist



(PS I am a painter now but I used to do some poetry earlier)



Poem 36 - 24-10-06?

I agree with Jacq, you certainly have a talent for words. Are you intending on getting your works published professionally?? Might be a good idea.



Well done.



Poem 36 - 24-10-06?

wow. i like it! very nice. i can picture in my mind a road with all these things happening from your life, and then you get to the present and you still have time to make more memories. well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment