Monday, April 23, 2012

Can I iron a fur coat??

I have a rabbit fur jacket (I know I know!!!!).... It got wet in a rain storm and now there are pieces of hair that look wavey while the rest is straight. Is there a way to straighten the hair again??



Can I iron a fur coat??

Probably not a good idea. Applying the sort of heat needed to straighten the fur, like straightening human hair, tends to dry it out, which causes splitting. I would think this is even more likely on a fur coat since the fur has been removed from its natural source of oils. Also, you could singe the fur if the iron is too hot. Your best bet is to take it to a furrier or a dry cleaner who has experience with furs.



PS (Get faux fur next time...kinder, gentler, and machine washable!)



Can I iron a fur coat??

bring it to a professional!!! don't risk ruining it by trying something yourself



Can I iron a fur coat??

you are sick...wear your own skin



Can I iron a fur coat??

Your horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...



ANIMAL CRUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...



u should be arrested just think of that poor little rabbit that was killed because of YOU wanting a stupid coat!!!!!!!!!!



Can I iron a fur coat??

no ,everyone knows that you can't iron a fur coat.



Can I iron a fur coat??

of course you can iron it!!!! women used to iron their hair to straighten it years ago....



Can I iron a fur coat??

NEVER iron real fur garments! You can take it to a furrier, but, I doubt if they would work on a rabbit fur jacket. They usually work with mink, sable, fox garments.



Can I iron a fur coat??

Dry cleaning is your best bet. They will know the proper way to clean it.



Can I iron a fur coat??

take it to a cleaners they will know how to deal with it,,,,,



LH



Can I iron a fur coat??

I wouldnt risk damaging it yourself take it to a professional.



http://www.peta.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment