Monday, April 23, 2012

Please help! Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them?

Ever since we moved into this house, (it had been empty for awhile) we have had these little black worm looking bugs around our bathroom sink. They come from right under where the faucet part touches the sink, and they are there almost continuously, I will spray bleach and other things there and clean them all off, and they will go away for about a week, then I start seeing them again. They start out looking like tiny pieces of hair, and they get to about the size of a maggot, and even look like them only they are completely black, and thinner than maggots. I have been fighting these for 2 years, and I have had it. It's disgusting. Please if you have any idea what they are or how to get rid of them please help!! Thanks in advance!



Please help! Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them?

eww, I am sorry you have to deal with that it makes me itchy reading it. My best advice is to go to: name that bug, it is a website that has helped me with many a pest problems mostly with gardening but I am sure you will find your answer there. Hope it helped Best of luck to you.



Please help! Anyone know what these are and how to get rid of them?

I would remove the faucet from below, after turning off the water, of course, and see what's growing in there and clean throughly. There must be something living or laying eggs in there. While you're at it, you might as well use it as an excuse to buy a new faucet, since it may have all kinds of nasty things growing in it. Have plenty of bug spray handy to spray the area with when you remove the faucet. I don't konw what they are, I don't think we have that kind of bug here. But when you see some, I think the rule of thumb is that there are going to be lots more where you can't see them. You may want to look into having an exterminator come through the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment