Monday, April 23, 2012

Should I sue Popeye's?

I found not one, but TWO pieces of hair in my food %26amp; accidentally choked %26amp; come to find out, it was hair I was choking on from being embedded in the chicken. I'm so pissed!



Should I sue Popeye's?

This happened to me at a fast food restaurant recently. I will not mention the name because through my complaint, they stepped up to the plate and addressed the issue to my satisfaction.



What happened to me was I found a piece of jet black hair in almost fully eaten salad I had consumed while sitting in the restaurant. (I have very light brown hair). I took the salad immediately up to the counter and asked to speak with the manager. A young twenty's-something girl came up to the counter to assist me. I showed her the lettuce with the hair, and said..."look what I found in my salad! Your employees need to wear hair nets!" She looked at me like I was from outer space and commented, "okay". I then said "You know I am going to report this to the Corporate Office." She then responded in the same tone..."okay".



What really pissed me off was her attitude. She never offered me another new salad, nor my money back, nor did she ever apologize on behalf of the company.



I went out and sat in my car, and called the 800 customer service number listed on the "comment card" provided in the restaurant in a holder on the wall. A live person answered and I filed my complaint as I told you in detail.



My complaint was immediately followed up the next day by not only a call from a head person in the Corporate Office, but by a manager from that particular restaurant. They both wanted to know the exact details, as well as apologized.



What the Corporate Office did for me was send me a letter of apology with a $20.00 gift card, and the manager invited me back to that restaurant in which he paid for a combo meal for me, and also gave me another sandwich to go, for my trouble.



I am sure they did not want me to file a complaint with the Health Department, which I did not do, since I felt they had addressed my issue in a fair and apologetic manner.



I still go back to eat there, because I have been going there now for about a year a few days a week to get their salads. I don't think they are going to mess with me again any time soon!



To me, if a restaurant steps up to the plate, listens to your complaint, apologizes, makes good by sending you either your money back or a gift certificate, that is acceptable by me. Provided it is normally a clean, well run facility.



In your case, if all of the above has not occurred as an outcome of you filing a complaint, then I would call the Health Department in your area and request an inspection. I wouldn't eat there again. You really don't know if it was a human or animal hair you choked on.



Customer Service no matter where I go is of the utmost importance to me.



Good luck. I hope I have hepled to shed a light on your situation for you.



Bon Apetite!



Should I sue Popeye's?

Wow. Typical American these days, suing for everything that doesn't go their way. Report It



Should I sue Popeye's?

Chicken skin has little raised parts on it once the feathers are removed (like goosebumps). There are thin tendons on the chicken. That is what connects to the bone. These pieces are so small, they are confused with hair. Report It



Should I sue Popeye's?

yes. it is very unsanitary and disgusting



sue... but thats just an opinion



Should I sue Popeye's?

Being pissed does not a lawsuit make. Did you suffer any damages aside from getting hair in your mouth? If not, forgetaboutit.



Should I sue Popeye's?

No. Call the health department. I hope you have lots of money for a lawyer and a lot of time off from work so you can try to sue Popeye's.



Should I sue Popeye's?

I can tell you from experience that if it didn't cause long term or permanent damage they won't even take your case.



There's also no way to prove that the hairs weren't yours.



I would call the corporate office of Popeye's and tell them what happened and they'll send you coupons for lots of ree food. I'd also call the local manager and tell them what happened and tell them you're going to call the health department because people working around food should be wearing hairnets.



As far as suing, sorry hun, you don't really have a solid case.



Should I sue Popeye's?

Sorry they have no money left, my wife and I got it all last fall when we sued them.



Should I sue Popeye's?

Get real. It's an attitude like yours that makes insurance and healthcare so expensive in this country. There was a time when people knew how to cope with day to day troubles, now people like you think it's fine to sue at the drop of a hat.



Should I sue Popeye's?

That is gross. I hope you reported them to the health department. Suing would be a long process. Try to get some compensation from them without suing. Did you keep evidence of the hair? I hope so.



Should I sue Popeye's?

You can sue...but without any damages...you won't win much for hair...if you went to the hospital...yes...if not just call the health department.



Should I sue Popeye's?

Sure, sue them and get money equal to the hardship you experienced. Should be worth about $37.50.



Should I sue Popeye's?

Is that how you want to spend your money? It will cost you to sue them.



It is possible to sue them in small claims court without an attourney but they will have a high powered legal team and your chances aren't good.



Your best bet would be to go to the manager and tell him or her what happened. They will probably try to give you some free food. At that point you can say you'd like your money back. If you want more than your money back you will probably have a hard time.



Should I sue Popeye's?

Hairs embedded in chicken would be damn near impossible to PROVE. Do you have the said item in your posession frozen and sealed for the evidence lab?



Should I sue Popeye's?

I would contact the health department and call Popeyes and tell them the situation and see how they respond...I am willing to bet that they will try to make it up. I wouldn't sue them, because it will cost you a lot of unnecessary time and money...

No comments:

Post a Comment