Saturday, April 14, 2012

Torn art (poem)?

Torn Art



My heart is black, burnt by the actions of you,



You speak, and we hear the cries of the abused.



An ethereal being, made from the dark,



the night is your breeding ground, your area of delight.



I used to love you, never wanted to be apart,



But you changed, what happened to my sweet piece of art?



Angels in heaven, being of light,



they were once jealous, jealous of your elegant parts.



Skin of lace, hair of gold,



a voice so angelic, it was meant for heaven to behold.



Breath of roses, eyes of sweet ice,



I wanted to hold it, I wanted to be a part.



What happened to your innocence, what happened to your heart,



I want to see it bleed, know it's still intact.



Where did your love go, did it fly away,



did those envious stares finally have their way?



Now your words just drop, like acid tart,



just like your soul, You're falling apart.



Torn art (poem)?

Quite dispirited, dejected and low-spirited speaker.



As a poem, I think it is quite moving and I'd say it is a promising effort.



In terms of theme, style, mood and atmosphere, it compares quite pleasantly well with this other poem bearing the same title:



http://www.poetictimes.com/poem/Popular/...



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment