Saturday, April 14, 2012

Did you grow up in the ghetto?

It was hard, mom feedin' us on welfare checks she worked 9-5 gettin' $1000 a month there was 4 us of kids. I remember finding pieces of gum on the ground and devouring them. Those white kids in school had lolly pops and stuff, they wouldn't share. But one time my dad finally came back from jail after beating the crap out of me and my siblings (my sister had a huge bump on her forehead and I had lots of hair pulled out he dragged me across the rooms by pulling my hair and he kicked the shet out of me on my legs not the only times he did that lots of times), anyways he bought us fancy lunch supplies and I shared it with everyone I was so proud. I had Capri-sun juice, ding-dongs, nice big sandwich, and cute little juice can. It was like that my whole childhood! Yeah, better than the kids in worse but it was still hard...



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

We lived in the barrio, the Hispanic ghetto. My dad left us when I was 14 and my brother was 2. My mom had no job and we lived on $300 a month child support and food stamps. I remember there were times when we had no meat to eat, only potatoes or eggs. I saw my mother suffer through so many hardships, and this is why I went to college and got my degree in teaching. I vowed I would never live like that again.



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

DOES A TRAILER PARK COUNT???



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

No, I didn't..



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

Unless you count Cupertino, CA as ghetto.



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

even tho ima wite girl i did



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

i feel sorry for you,we were poor too,and my dad came from jail too,but he never was abusive,no i did not grow up in ghetto,



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

no not ghetto...my dad built the house in Michigan...it was very nice



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

Yes, not so much the ghetto, but my family made $641 a month my dad was a janitor. we had inherited a nice home from my mother dying, but the people around you can turn it into a ghetto, with the drugs and the beating and stuff. and I'm white! The other white kids called me "white N-word" and it was very hurtful. I actually had to start hanging otu with any other color because of the other white kids....black kids and underprivelaged kids are the only ones who understood or cared...just because you have a nice house and pale complexion doesn't mean that it isn't a ghetto inside.......



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

Fortunately, my mother didn't raise us in the ghetto. She still struggled to take care of all 3 of her kids. I'm sorry to hear about what happened in your childhood. At least you can say you survived.



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

Yeah, Echo Eark and East LA, and I lived for a while with my grandparents in South Sentral. My mom left us when I was 9, my youngest sibling was 2. My dad did a great job raising us though.



Did you grow up in the ghetto?

It's no wonder your so bitter and full of hate now.

No comments:

Post a Comment